New project from Jonas, accompanied by old friends. The album is a conceptual story that takes place 3,000 years from today, and features a brilliant mix of progressive metal, 70’s era progrock and modern-day jazz fusion.
This album brings progressive rock to a whole new level. Considered as a Flower Kings side-project, Karmakanic easily conquered their own place in the progressive rock industry and earned their own identity already with this first album. The title track is an instant classic and shows what they would have in store for their subsequent albums. It’s an exciting composition with lots of variety and instrumental passages. Other highlights are Is This The End? and Welcome to Paradise, both highly original songs; the first very emotional and the second handling about some cyberclash, quite funny actually. One Whole Half is a crazy jazz-prog-metal song with jaw-dropping drums by Zoltan Csörsz and bass playing by Jonas.
- The Little Man (1:29)
- Entering The Spectra (12:20)
- The Spirit Remains The Same (6:01)
- Cyberdust From Mars (3:34)
- Space Race No. 3 (4:36)
- The Man In Thee Moon Cries (3:14)
- One Whole Half (5:17)
- Is This The End? (7:12)
- Cello Suite No. 1 In G Major (1:02)
- Welcome To Paradise (9:19)
- Göran Edman – Lead vocals
- Roine Stolt – Electric & acoustic Guitar, lead and backing vocals
- Jonas Reingold – Fretless & fretted bass, keyboards, backing vocals
- Tomas Bodin – Keyboards
- Johan Glössner – Electric & acoustic guitar
- Robert Engstrand – Keyboards
- Jaime Salazar – Drums, percussion
- Zoltan Csörsz – Drums
Produced by Jonas Reingold, published by Regain Records.