The second album of AoM is a strong and reliable follow-up with high-quality musicianship and songwriting. The songs are still simpler and easier to digest than the masterpieces that Stolt made with The Flower Kings and Transatlantic. But that was the whole plan from the start.
On AoM albums there is less soloing, which makes it more accessible for many progfans. The vocal harmonies and instrumental simplicity makes this album – and the others as well – a mix of The Beatles, Yes, Genesis and TFK. Jonas plays wonderful dreamy bass and the voice of Ned Sylvan sometimes resembles that of Stolt.
Check out the clip of Gratitude at the bottom.
- The Duke of Sadness (9:17)
- Last Few Grains of Hope (7:10)
- Peace United (5:47)
- Journey (7:45)
- Gratitude (6:34)
- Meet Johnnie Walker (5:29)
- Cinnamon Tree (3:22)
- The Ballad of Mary Chilton (4:51)
- Roger the Tailor (4:44)
- Conspiracy (4:06)
- We Have Been Freed (8:37)
- Time (5:02)
- Nad Sylvan – Lead vocals, vocal harmonies, additional keyboards
- Roine Stolt – Guitars, lap steel, ukelele, vocals, additional guitar
- Lalle Larsson – Grand piano, Hammond B3, Minimoog, Rhodes & Wurlitzer electric pianos, synths
- Jonas Reingold – Fretless & fretted bass
- Walle Wahlgren – Drums & percussion
Produced by Roine Stolt, released by Foxtrot Records.