A Spark In The Aether is the sequel to The Music That Died Alone, their legendary 2003 debut album with Flower Kings guitar player Roine Stolt and their rhythm section Jonas Reingold (bass) and Zoltan Csörsz (drums). And this release is just a masterpiece with the backbone of Karmakanic and Kaipa: Morgan Ågren and Jonas Reingold.
The music is ambitiously performed prog with numerous tempo and tonal changes and it’s simply performed exceptionally well. It’s at its best when band leader Andy Tillison focuses on his keyboard more than his singing, and just lets his talented players do their stuff. The lyrics and the grand instrumental sections remind the listener why the Tangent is one of the most enjoyable and exciting bands playing this type of progrock music.
- A Spark in the Aether (4:20)
- Codpieces and Capes (12:34)
- Clearing The Attic (9:35)
- Aftereugene (5:47)
- The Celluloid Road (21:37)
- A Spark In The Aether (Part Two) (8:16)
- San Francisco (Radio Edit) (5:00) (Bonus)
- Andy Tillison – Vocals, keyboards
- Luke Machin – Guitars
- Jonas Reingold – Bass guitar
- Theo Travis – Sax, flute
- Morgan Ågren – Drums
Also visit their website for more information.