Nad Sylvan recently has been involved with Agents of Mercy, his Swedish Genesis soundscape project Unifaun, and Steve Hackett’s Genesis Revisited tours and releases. His style has been called a perfect marriage of vintage Peter Gabriel & Phil Collins and he brings back fond images of ’70s Genesis to everything he’s been involved with, and this solo album for InsideOut Records, Courting the Widow is no exception.
The album contains 8 lengthy tracks filled with symphonic arrangements, plenty of atmosphere, memorable melodies, challenging musical passages, and his charming vocal delivery. It’s a must hear for any fan of classic progressive rock. Jonas plays bass on 2 tracks.
- Carry Me Home
- Courting The Widow
- Echoes Of Ekwabet
- To Turn The Other Side
- Ship’s Cat
- The Killing Of The Calm
- Where The Martyr Carved His Name
- Long Slow Crash Landing
- Nad Sylvan / vocals, guitars, harmonium, keyboards, piano
- Lars Drugge – Guitar
- Roine Stolt – Guitars (7)
- Steve Hackett – Guitars (1, 4, 8)
- Jonas Reingold – Bass (4, 7)
- Nick Beggs – Bass, vocals
- Doane Perry – Drums, percussion
- Gary O’Toole – Drums
- Nick D’Virgilio – Drums
- Jade Ell – Vocals
- Roger King – Piano
- Rob Townsend – Saxophone, flute
- Annbjørg Lien – Violin
All songs written, arranged & produced by Nad Sylvan. Released by Inside Out Music.