For over 40 years legendary Swedish progressive rockers Kaipa have released great albums with their unique mix of rock, folk and fusion. In September they released their 13th studio album and their first since 2014’s Sattyg. All tracks embody the powerful, positive energy and artistic brilliance that is irresistible and true to the genre’s essence.
The result is as colourful musically and lyrically as KAIPA devotees will expect from the band’s rich discography dating back to the debut opus released in 1975. Formed in 1973, KAIPA never shied away from experimentation, embracing fresh elements and sounds manifesting especially on the albums released in the 2000’s.
Children Of The Sounds is no exception, the album burns with creative fervour and spirit most vividly displayed on the title track, the 17 minutes long “On The Edge Of New Horizons” or closing track “What’s Behind The Fields”.
- Children of the Sounds [11:31]
- On The Edge of New Horizons [17:10]
- Like A Serpentine [12:52]
- The Shadowy Sunlight [6:57]
- What’s Behind The Fields [9:31]
- Patrik Lundström – Vocals
- Aleena Gibson – Vocals
- Hans Lundin – Keyboards & vocals
- Per Nilsson – Electric & acoustic guitars
- Jonas Reingold – Electric basses
- Morgan Ågren – Drums
- Elin Rubinsztein – Violin